Terms and Conditions of Spotty Dog Club Ltd (Spotty Dog Club)
All bookings either confirmed or pending are subject to Spotty Dog Club’s Terms and Conditions “terms” contained herein. Completion of the online booking constitutes acceptance of these terms and your continued use of our services confirms your acceptance of the terms in force from time to time each time you use Spotty Dog Club for their services. The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between you, “the owner” and Spotty Dog Club “the service provider” as follows:
General Terms & Conditions
1. All dogs must be kept on a lead or long line, unless otherwise instructed, for safety reasons.
2. Dogs should be kept apart during the training sessions, unless otherwise instructed, for safety reasons to both dog and owners.
3. We, Spotty Dog Club, must be alerted to any behavioural problems prior to accepting a booking.
4. No choke chains, prong collars or slip leads are permitted in class.
5. As each class uses long lines for training, a harness is recommended so that there is minimal stress put on the dog’s body.
6. No bitches in season may attend classes, if this happens after you have booked your course or during the middle of a course, you will be offered an alternative date in the future.
7. Pet Insurance is highly recommended, please note that all owners are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred.
8. All dogs being trained must be fully vaccinated and it is recommended that they are on a regular flea and worm control regime.
9. Your dog is your responsibility whilst training with us, you therefore expressly and voluntarily assume all risk of injury to your dog. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold Spotty Dog Club free of any and all claims of injury, expenses or damages caused by the actions of your dog whilst training with us.
10. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
11. All our training sessions use positive reinforcement as an effective and science-based way to train dogs. We do not allow dogs to be handled forcefully during our training sessions as the use of punishment as a training method has been proven to create negative side effects in dogs. Owners who are seen to use such handling methods will be asked to leave immediately and will not be offered a refund.
12. We accept no responsibility for any damage to or theft from your vehicle whilst parked at our premises, therefore please do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
13. Do not leave dogs unattended in your vehicle.
14. Where training sessions are held in our outdoor facility, please note that the terrain may be uneven and slippery in places, please take care under foot.
1. Once a training programme has started, there are no refunds, other than in extreme circumstances. Alternative dates may be offered at the discretion of Spotty Dog Club.
2. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required for cancellations prior to the start of the course for a full refund.
3. Spotty Dog Club may cancel classes from time to time where the session is deemed to be unsafe for example in extreme hot weather, snow, thunderstorms etc.
Puppy 1-2-1 training packages
1. 1-2-1 training packages must be completed within a 1-month period of initial booking. A minimum of 48 hours' notice for a cancellation is required. Cancellations received with less than 48 hours' notice will not be reimbursed.
Dog 1-2-1 training packages
1. 1-2-1 training packages must be completed within a 2-month period of initial booking. A minimum of 48 hours' notice for a cancellation is required. Cancellations received with less than 48 hours' notice will not be reimbursed.
2. Spotty Dog Club reserves the right to cancel any training session when deemed to be unsafe for reasons such as extreme hot weather, thunderstorms, snow etc.
Photography and Social Media
By ticking the consent box on the booking form, you consent to having photographs or video of you, your dog and family members over the age of 18 being used in marketing on social media.
All classes are booked via the online booking system and following payment, an email confirmation will be sent confirming the booking including joining instructions. All sessions should be paid for within one week of the appointment otherwise your session will be released to other clients.
Terms and Conditions are subject to update from time to time.